You can subscribe to a calendar using a personal scheduling program, like Outlook, Google Calendar, or iPhone Calendar. All course events will appear in your scheduling software.
Directions to set up your calendar subscription
1. Go to the course’s Calendar. The calendar is accessed by clicking on the date in any course navigation bar.
2. Click the Settings link on the upper-right side of the page. The Settings dialog box will open.
3. Select the Enable Calendar Feeds check box. Click the Save button at the bottom of the window. The window will close, and the Subscribe link will now appear to the right of the Settings link .
4. Click the Subscribe link. The Calendar Subscriptions window will open. Copy the link for your D2L calendar.
5. In your preferred scheduling software, find the option to add a calendar by URL. This varies by application:
- In Outlook, go to the Calendar section, click Open Calendar, then select From Internet.
- In Google Calendar, click the drop-down arrow beside Other Calendars, then select Add by URL. (Full instructions are available on Google's Calendar Help page.)
- On an iPhone, go into Settings, then touch Mail > Contacts > Calendars. Touch Add Account, then Other, and then Add Subscribed Calendar. (Full instructions are available on Apple's Subscribe to Calendars page.)
6. Paste the text you copied, i.e., the link to your D2L calendar, in the appropriate field, then save or confirm. Events in your course’s Calendar will now appear in your personal calendar.